Monday, January 26, 2015

How to Fail: with Zaria

Hello everyone, and welcome to how to fail: with Zaria. Recently I've been failing tremendously. I failed a few of my midterms (C+ average on the American grade scale), I failed many of my New Year's resolutions (running more than I eat and not procrastinating [i've been procrastinating on writing this blog post when it was supposed to be finished by this morning]), and I even failed to remember to bring my backpack to school this morning. What a great way to start second semester, am I right guys! Honestly, I don't really care about all that stuff that I failed at, because it's not going to be something that I take entirely too seriously to the point where it's going to haunt me for the rest of my life if I don't succeed. So what if I get a bad grade, so what if I ate my bodyweight in brownies and slept right after, and so freaking what if I forgot my backpack at home. If anything, I need a load off anyway. Anyways, as you can see, failing is kind of what I'm good at. I succeed at failing. Oh, the irony. Although I don't really care about failing at all of those things, there is one thing in particular that I'm kind of upset or should I say disappointed in myself that I didn't follow through with. This project. I know I'm sick and tired of writing out all of my complaints on a blog post that, what, four or five people are going to read, so I'm almost positive that those four or five people are just as annoyed and a bit irritated as I am. I keep making up excuses, or throwing a pity party for myself, or just not doing anything to change exactly what it is that I've been complaining about. So, to do so, I'm deciding to drop everything and start from scratch. Well, not completely from scratch, but from something that I've been holding back on. My YouTube channel. It's something that I've always wanted to do as a kid and even now that I can definitely see myself continuing to do in the future. Sickled Cells and Even Hearts is something that I'm going to sigh out of relief when it's over. It's going to be one of those things that I tell lower-class men "Please, please, please do something that you love and that you want to do, not just because it makes others happy, but because it's what YOU think is cool!" I want to be able to tell them "I did this! I did that! And I'm still doing this! And I'm still doing that! And the reason why am still doing it is because I love it! Take this opportunity and make it something big!" 
Now I know what some of you are thinking. You may be saying to yourself that this is something that I could easily fail at as well, however I will be failing, but I will fail with grace and poise and laughter and happiness. Probably not the grace and poise part because.... I'm not the most elegant or sublime person. I am more of the eat my bodyweight in brownies and then go to sleep kind of person, however that will not stop me from failing, nor will it stop me from succeeding either! 
So this is it. How to fail: with Zaria


Step 1: Choose something you think you'd be GOOD at
Step 2: Be BAD at it!
Step 3: FAIL
Step 4: Move on
Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4 until you feel you got it right (even if everyone is telling you otherwise)

Linking a new Blog Spot and a new YT video soon! Thanks a lot to everyone! 

-Zaria

No comments:

Post a Comment