Sunday, April 19, 2015

What's Next? TEDx !

My YouTube channel isn't going as far as I wanted it to, but that's okay, because I know that with a little time and effort, it'll be there. But to steer away from my YouTube channel, let's get into the whole reason why I started this project in the first place. Because of the 20 time. After 20 time, we are required to give a speech on what we learned from our project. There's not much that I can say that I have learned by recording videos in my room and posting them for the whole world to see. However we also have the option to give a speech on a completely different topic, may it be related to our project or not. That's the route I am choosing to take. I'm going to write a talk about feminism. These talks that take a different way from our 20 time projects are for an event called TEDx which I believe stands for technology, education, and design. The X standing for independently organized event. Although feminism doesn't really have much to do with technology or design, I believe it has a lot to do with education. Educating our children and those uninformed around us about the effects that women can have on the world. Now I don't want to go too in depth on this topic in my blog post, because I'm hoping that I am chosen to speak at this TEDx event, and you will be able to hear all about it on YouTube, however if I am not chosen, I will definitely be posting the speech myself here on my blog spot. Being that this is something that is very important to me, I really do hope I am chosen, because I was told that a talk should be something that you want to bring attention to. Something that you're passionate about. Something that you feel others need to know. And I believe that feminism is all three of those things: attention seeking, passion filled, and knowledgeable.
Thank you guys so much for keeping up with me even after all this time. From being a blog about sickle cell disease, to being a YouTuber, to now trying to write speeches for a nationally known event.  Seriously, thank you all so much, and an even greater thank you to the person who started this all. You know who you are.
-Zaria 

No comments:

Post a Comment